I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 8 August 2007

Aladar and the Lemur, 2007-08-07

Another one that I started recording after she’d started. She was reading from a library book on dinosaurs.

A BIG rock from space! Hit the earth, then they DIED

THEN, they died long, long ago

And then they went down when the mammoths lived

Then the mammoth lived when they not there... there was a thunderstorm there... aaall of them died out

THEN!!! A big huge thing came, like a MAMMAL! A small mammal, but it’s a badger

It’s from millions and millions AGO, and the dinosaur then lived, you can’t see it today, because a big rock from space hit the earth and it DIED!!!!

Then it died... (very softly) long, long ago

THEN!!! A BIG meteorite came from outer space

Then, there was stegosaurus pressed the earth, THEN they TRIED to run away but they CAN’T

THEN they tried to run away again!!! Then stegosaurus said “No! Then run!”

Then the meteorite came to earth... nearer and nearer and nearer and nearer

“Don’t worry” said camarasaurus, “I’LL GET, I’M SO TOUGH! I’ll whack it (indecipherable) with my tail”

“Ya, you can.... Do it camarasaurus! Do it, do it camarasaurus!”

Then he do it quick

THEN the meteorite didn’t, DIDN’T CAME!!!

Then they died!!!

(Suddenly speaking softly) Then the who’s the fossils there....all by the meteorite

“(Whispers) Who ARE you” (normal voice) Aladar said, “(whispers again) who are you, who are you”

Then he waked up and said “Who...who’s touching my BODY???”

“(Whispers again) Who are you?” (normal voice) he said again

“(Whispering) Are you?... Are you?.... Are you?” (normal voice) then he waked up again

Then... it was SOMEone... you know who is it?

The lemurs was touching Aladar’s foot...and he was sleeping again...

Then he waked up with the lemur

They, they the lemur pointed, “Beetle! Beetle! Beetle coming!”

Then they hunt his hand and his car

“Don’t come Lemur!! Don’t GO!”

He was on the tree first, then he come down, then he SAW the meteorite coming, then the beetle, then he pointed to the beetle, “BEETLE COMING! BEETLE COMING!”, then the Lemur shouted out

Then lemurs picked him up, then get him up, then try to throw it at the beetle

No comments: