I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 4 August 2007

A Day in the Life of a Storyteller***

Daddy spent 2 days trying to capture her various stories. He still missed quite a few. These clips give you a glimpse of life with Bethany. I've only extracted about 10 seconds per story. He started filming one afternoon, continued all day the next day, and ended the following morning. Unbelievably, she still had stories that he missed filming, because nobody can stand by with a camera 24x7!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

This video is fantastic. I give your dh a lot of credit! I think he should do "A Day in the Life" for Bethany at least quarterly, so you can get 4+ snapshots like this per year. SO neat to see!