I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Monday 29 October 2007

More scampering in the forest, 2007-09-13

One said, “Mom, can I go with two Ms?”

Contents.

“So where you want to go? Why you want to go there?” Said I

“But I like to,” he said gloomily looking at one of the Fomats, and one of the Shims said, “You can go there later, with one of the Shims, and I will go to the Interstate, and they will go with I because I need them.”

All his property. All his property. He scampered down into the deep part of the woods and found he was too mean to be with on there. “I will go without it.” He will choose him to go in on there, on the kip(?), into the deep forest. “And I will go too.”

He scampered down, “I will go into the deep forest. I think I am still slim.” So he scampered down into the deep forest. “And I will go to the house, on the house, but not on the woods inside the house.” He said “I (yells loudly) have to go.”

And they had to scamper. They had to scamper. He will hug. He will hug. He will hug the whole place.

“I will go into the proper entry, to found the Interstate.”

No comments: