I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Tuesday 30 October 2007

The Nineown Open Chickening of Aladar, 2007-09-13

The Nineown Open Chickening of Aladar.

The Nineown Chickening was very very powerful thingy and it was very shim to learn about it. His father and his din(?) and shims, his ships and steps and the shimp(?)... “What happened to them?” he said, grumpily looking at Aladar.

Aladar said, “I will go to the Interstate and look for them in there,” said Aladar. So he went into Aladar’s... Corin went into Aladar’s pocket and find his parents. It was not... and he went out from Aladar’s pocket, it was not there. And they not there.

“We might have to find them in one of those places that they went last night... in one of those places...that they went.”

“But it’s... it’s so far away! How can you get there? How can you?”

“Walk down the trees, walk. Walk down and walk.”

Chapter Eight. Without Where is That?

“Where is that noise?” he said.

“Come on, you looking at the face.”

“I am... I did come here to repair... Aladar, I am Corin. I have to come inside, let me come inside please. Let me come inside please. Let me come inside please.”

“I won’t.”

“You have to only let me pay with (indecipherable) of it. You can’t let me in yet? Why?”

“Because I need to you to pay with dollars please.”

So he paid, then he let him in. “YIPPEE!” he said, the boy looking at the real man there that paid him.

“I will go to the Interstate,” he said, grumpily looking at the face of the man. “I will go to the Interstate today.”

“It’s very far away,” said the man.

“What shall we do?”

A BANG came, then everyone jumped in surprise. Then they said, they shouted, “Who’s that?” They clambered out, and the clambered down into one of his pockets. Then he wiped and wiped. “Are you sure I will go to the Interstate?”

“Ya! I will go there with my friends,” said Aladar. So he went to the Interstate, then he was really there. So he went inside.

“What are you doing? What happened? Something is happening, what?”

“Something is wrong.”

“Something is wrong?”

“Happened to me... I’m injured, look. I’m injured.”

“You are injured? What?”

“Because someone broked my heel,” he said. Said the boy.

Aladar said, “I will go. I will go and go and fix it in a second when you go out without the Shims. Please take my money please.” Then they both taked his money, then Aladar SCAMPERED up into the green woods. Corin let them pay. And he goed with, Corin goed with him. And they both of them scampered up, the two friends.

“Sssh! Someone’s coming. (Whispering) Aladar said I won’t sleep and I don’t know why.” Everyone (indecipherable whispered phrase).

BOOM came, then everyone shouted. “WHAT’S THAT???” said Aladar. “Sssh!” said Corin. “(Whispering) That is them, that is them,” said Corin. “That is them, that is them.The goed into the stream. Out. I lead the way.”

So he leaded the way to where his home is. He’s sick, Aladar fixed it.

“There. A white (indecipherable)” said Aladar.

“But I’m still injured!” Aladar fixed it some more.

“I feel fine already. I feel fine, right? That good job Aladar,” said Corin to Aladar.

“That is very noisy.” They scampered into the deep forest again. And they left.

“What, what... who’s bugging me?” said Aladar.

“I feel, like you also, someone touching me,” said Corin.

Aladar said, “I think it’s a.. maybe a bug.” So they scampered into the deep forest with the two bugs. Then it was VERY dark. And very care of the bugs.

Aladar’s bug said, “It’s not very deep. It’s very Shim... that’s why you can’t see anything.” So they came out of the center. Aladar know this. Aladar know the thing.

“It’s a moose,” said Aladar.

“Yes it is,” said Corin.

The bug said, “No, it’s not a moose. It is Shim.”

“It is SHIM!!!!”

Then their two voice close, looking at the thing. “Yup,” and then “What was that?” said Corin’s bug. “It is a moose,” said Corin’s bug.

Said Aladar’s bug, “That is a Shim’s bug,” he said, clambered into the deep forest and with Aladar. Aladar was very very noisy.

“No,” he said, “that is not a moose. That is a goat,” said Aladar. “Be sense. That is not a moose,” he said, clambered into the deep forest.

“HUHHH!!!!”

No comments: