I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Tuesday 13 November 2007

It's only a dream, 2007-11-13*

She specifically asked me to record this story this morning, then left me hanging....

You can listen to her telling me this HERE

He was in a dream... he was not in his real bunch, he was in a dream. Fatty and the Five Find Outers... wasn’t real... the purpose, what can ever be the purpose???

“Larry!” Aladar nudged Corin. “(Whispers) Kim, Kim, Kim...”
Kim was... was quite ordinary. He used it for a repitition, where the repitition woke up to another repitition.

Larry nudged Pip, “(Whispering) Don’t you see it? We are in a dream! We are with dinosaurs!” And they watched... they watched... prints. Pip think their little bit of luck wasn’t for her.

They were in Mr Goon’s house, then Mr Goon was in a dream too, that Corin was nodding... he saw Corin.

To me: Mommy!

Me: Can you continue? It’s very interesting. What happened in their dream?

B: I wouldn’t tell you that part.
(And promptly changed the subject, argh! )

No comments: