I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Friday 23 November 2007

More Adventures of Larry, 2007-11-22

All these stories were recorded today. I made a decision the other day to only record the stories she explicitly tells me to record. She's been very aware of my new recorder and really seems to be playing up to it, asking to be recorded about every other story - so her actual output today was about twice as much as what we (her daddy as well as me) recorded.

Her phrase of the day seems to be "he shot down at top speed near his companion". All the stories follow on one from another.

CLICK ON THE STORY TITLES BELOW TO LISTEN TO BETHANY TELL THE STORY
  1. More Adventures of Larry
  2. Working out her ideas...
  3. Where is Bets?*
  4. Larry's Adventures Continue*
  5. Larry's Companions

No comments: