I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Tuesday 3 July 2007

More Giraffe and the Pelly and Me, 2007-06-26

This one comes with a video clip :)
More Pretend Reading at 32 months

Here's the transcript
Picture of there with them
Someone inside the car
Thinking about fishes
I will like fishes (x3) (sings)
And stopped singing, and
Come on inside my beautiful beak! (sings)
Why you came to hop in because there so much for (indecipherable) (still singing)
He peeped
My neck like mommy inside (sings)
And he stopped singing instead
And he didn’t know what to do
He said he hidden inside
And that I coming inside!
I coming inside, there something about the hall… hook!
HOP EE AH YA YA, HA EE YA YI YA YA YA YA! (sings)
And, and, I, I... so bad!
Asked the (indecipherable)
I… and that small person inside
He carried him down there
What are you doing???
Oh ah ah OOH AH ooh ah ooh ooh ooh!
Didn’t you like that?
I did, but I didn’t want to ride like that
So the man… he (indecipherable) the engine
And aaalll that, all, we all came like that
This is have something…
I came like that
This has all below down, there’s a wood, man, hi!
Something inside there, made, made, made the H, H! (pants)
H made that sound… H… H… this is the letter H
Now, there’s an animal inside there
He changed
Ee ya ya yo ya ya yo
There’s a one man now, getting off
Get that big BLACK one! Get that BIG thing… that!
Get my big…get my gun, get my gun, get my gun!
And (indecipherable)
And feeding… my gardener
Them open up… them might
Get that big thing… get my gun, get my gun, get my gun! Get my gun!
Get my gun, get my gun, get my gun, get my gun!
Are you SURE you can get your gun?
I’m sure! And I opened so wide. SO wide.
It mouth big, the mouth is big
Open so wide
And, and, and…. and it opened wide… so wide
So wide
And sing a little song, just a little song
We wa wa (hums softly)
But there two little bird and (mumbling)
Tiny little deer and me….
The giraffe and the pelly and me
And he didn’t know this
I have told to be down there
It was down there
I am down there
Talking about what we saw
In the over there
And yo! In the house!
Someone! Steal collections! Said the giraffe!
And we all coming down (sings softly)
Come and show your dance (sings)
Hop, skip jump and prance, t-rex long neck and you
Deep inside you, and lift your arms and toes
And shake your feet and toes
Hop, skip jump and prance, that the dinosaur dance
In sie yie yie side! (finishes singing)
And washing… washing the clothes,
Someone meet him there, someone meet there
Someone meet you everywhere (singsong), inside
What? A fruit!
Inside, out
Inside the outside the rooftop (sings)
Ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya (sings)
The end

No comments: