I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Monday 21 May 2007

Brachiosaurus & Iguanodon, 2007-05-21

She was talking really fast for this one, I missed quite a lot of lines in between...it probably messes up her storyline, but what I did get is worth posting anyway. Sorry about the missed lines! I didn't even have time to indicate where they occur - she was going that fast! Oh yes, she was pretending to read a book of mine, completely unrelated to her story in any way.

They have lots of enemies
Actually brachiosaurus very big
Brachiosaurus very big before everybody
Even baby brachiosaurus very big

The dinosaurs have lots of fun
Iguanodon cannot, Iguanodon cannot, he cannot read
They go out and see
"What is that?"
"ME!" said brachiosaurus
"Have they lost?" said brachiosaurus
"I want to see!" said brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus have no chance
"He's here, writing me a paper...
Up, down, stand still... they do countless things
Up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down,
Up, down, up, down, up, down, up, down"
He want to see
"Have lot of accommodations that dinosaur box
That dinosaur box, that dinosaur box
Inside the other accommodations"
And they turned the page
They have lots of enemies
"What is that??? What is that?"
They have lot of enemies
"Brachiosaurus he tell you about lot of enemies
He have something to tell you
Brachiosaurus have something on his lap"
They go check, see
Maybe he have something on his lap
"Can you help us?" said Iguanodon, "can you see? Something on his lap"
"Something biting me!"
Maybe is a carnivore or maybe is a herbivore
Maybe is megalosaurus
He very small, brachiosaurus very big, cannot see him
Maybe brachiosaurus step on him
Brachiosaurus die out, it is very cold
The mammoth didn't die out
The dinosaurs shivered to death
Pachycephalosaurus died out
(Singing) "Brachiosaurus! (x4) Iguanodon (x4)"
They are singing that song
"Something about that" said Iguanodon and Brachiosaurus
DINOSAURS!!!

No comments: