I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Friday 18 May 2007

Inspired by Narnia, 2007-05-02

I was looking through her e-diary and realized I'd missed copying and pasting this story from 2 weeks ago.

I was trying to transcribe another story by her, but she was too fast for me! Here's the little that I got. It's obvious that Narnia is her inspiration.

"they cannot do that" said polly
"what's the picture" diggory said
"alright" said uncle andrew
"you just tell me, i'll be right here, alright", said uncle andrew
"don't come near me, i'm in the first"
"i saw a cat"
"how is she?"
"she might eat me"
"what's she do?"
"is playing with me, and do it with me and uncle andrew"
"uncle andrew with polly and the girl is lost
we have to find him in the house"
"my mother be happy"
"he be in the house"
"oh", said polly
"she be happy, she be happy, oh yup, she be happy and, and
oh ya we can do it, do that!"

No comments: