I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 19 May 2007

Dinosaurs, 2007-05-19

She was just "reading" one of her dinosaur books to herself. I typed this directly into my laptop, since I was already sitting here while she was doing this. Missed a few lines as she was talking so softly!

ah! no dinosaurs!
ichthyosaurus have teeth
iguanodon eat leaves
this one eat other creatures eggs
from the other ones
baryonyx have eat fish, eat fish also
eat eggs... what eat eggs?
eat dinosaurs! you eat eggs, you eat dinosaurs
ah, you too small
when it intact, this one have the crest on its head, corythosaurus it have that
what does it say? what? said baryonyx
iguanodon only eat the plants
like triceratops
triceratops!
somebody, some dinosaurs have been eaten by meat eater
somebody, somebody (sing song voice)
allosaurs...
somebody! ah!
they are.. DINOSAURS!
they are there, there, there
dinosaurs have a stegosaurus,
tyrannosaurus rex
how are they doing?
they have legs
plesiosaurs don't
they are different reptiles
they from the egg
they eat flying reptiles, up in the air
walking ones don't, that why, that why
stegosaurus, baryonyx..
stegosaurus, stegosaurus have.. eat bushes
then... the cover is "the dinosaurs!"
Dinosaurs! Of learning of dinosaurs!
there are dinosaurs everywhere
talking about that
the stegosaurus cannot
there are mammals today
what about the mammals?
the mammals not go there
the mammals are there today
why are the dinosaurs died out?
they all died out.. so..
they disappeared
the mammals didn't disappear, they just living there
this a mammal
i didn't know that
this a dinosaur
why did the dinosaurs die out?
they all died out!
they all died out
I didn't know that, i didn't know that

No comments: