I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 2 June 2007

HER FIRST POEM! 2007-06-02*

I didn't realize she was spouting her first bit of made-up poetry when she was pretending to read "Magic Wish", or I'd have made sure nobody talked during this recording! As it is, the latter part of the recording is very noisy, but you can clearly hear her singsong tone during the first part - this continued throughout this entire "story". I'm posting the non-noisy first part here - you can only get the feel of why I think this sounds like poetry if you listen to it. The poem she made up below is based on the pictures in the book, but not the actual words.

CLICK HERE to listen to her speaking while you read her poem
(Alternative link in case the one above doesn't work: CLICK HERE)

I made the sunshine and dried the (indecipherable - if anyone can catch this word, please let me know!)
I feel some piece ice-cream melt
I haven't got over your dress,
I feel ice cream there!
Ice cream there!....
Ice cream there!.... Whyeee...?
Ice cream there melt on her pink sweet dress!
He haven't got it yet, yet, yet!
You haven't got it by your rocket ship!
AHHH.... rocket ship!
She left her on the moon and moony
hate... hate it
I hate it!
The friend that shine is beautiful!
(whispers) You so beautiful dear
Still belonging, still belonging, still belonging,
Still belonging, still belonging, still belonging, still belong!...
What you can do when sun shine then did rain?
The sun didn't shine, and it did rain!
They found the ground, the ground wet
The ground is wet! The ground is wet!
You haven't got that beautiful yet!
You haven't, haven't, Ice! Ice!
Ice-cream! Ice-cream! Ice! Ice!
Ice-cream! Ice-cream!
Ice-cream! Ice!
Ice-cream! Ice!
What are him doing? What are him doing?
And her beautiful dress!
You have... haven't!
Haaave... haven't! haven't gone to (indecipherable)
Hooow she going to and fro?
Making (indecipherable)
She, she, she wouldn't
She wouldn't mind at all
She wouldn't mind them
Theeee end

No comments: