I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 2 June 2007

A Pooh and Piglet adventure, 2007-06-02

Pretending to read a Pooh Bear book. The story is closely related to the pictures in the book.

Pooh bear get a fish!

One day, and Pooh bear wake up and say
"PIGLET! HERE AM I!"
And knock on his door, and say
"HERE AM I! I AM HERE!
I'm getting the, the big X stamps
SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" asked Pooh
"In a minute... pop in
I'm come to here, what do you say?" asked Piglet
"I haven't got it", said Pooh
"He, he haven't", asked Piglet nicely
They looked, they looked for fishing, when they got it
And Piglet went got in trouble
When he, when he GOT it
They sat on a riverbank
Wheeeere have they been before?
But here Piglet GOT run away!
"Oh fear! Pooh Bear didn't!" he said
"You haven't!"
"This is your garden
You, you got something inside
A FISH!
WHY?"
His shorts bursting inside! It's trouble!
"What???"
He began to cry...
Theeee end!

She then turned the book back to the very beginning and started all over again...

Ah! This one, authorized edition!

You haven't got it on, on, on the, the riverbank
What does that mean?
And Piglet knocked at the door
"PIGLET!!!!! POOH BEAR!!!! THAT YOU?
WAKE UP!"
"I CANNOT WAKE UP!" said Pooh shouting
"AND WHAT ABOUT WE CAN GO and see us"
"And, it's a good idea", said Pooh
And they start off for their journey!
When they, that tree, that tree over there
Have, have they seen before
They, they do, they sat in Piglet's house
And...they, they, they haven't got it
"Piglet! Can you (indecipherable) too?"
And he went in trouble
When he, when he, when he got it, when he got it
When he GOT it... a fish!
Asked Piglet, "we haven't got it"
"We got a fish"
And he haven't got it
He got a fish inside his shirt!
How???
"Owww!" said Piglet
"There a fish inside, inside everything!"

No comments: