I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Tuesday 5 June 2007

More with the little hook, 2007-06-04

I don't know what it is with the little hook... it's appeared in several stories now! Still using Charlotte's Web as her book prop here.

And they running away from it (runs around the room panting loudly)
And they running away from it!
And they caught in the night, right?
It is good, it help them to spin
We live here
We next they caught in the night in that DREADFUL place!
Got me in the night, and “HELP!!!!!” Asked baby
“I’M IN THE SEA! THERE ARE SHARKS HERE!”
And my friends they got baby out fast
And baby “thank you! I have awful night!
In that DREADFUL place!
I was caught in the night in that DREADFUL place,
Dragged me in the sea
How wonderful, how wonderful am I?
I DRAGGED in the sea and the sea pulled me down
And you come saved me, come saved me
My whole life!"
"You.. that wasn’t painful.. and with ALL my might
I was guarding the night and go near"
"Every water… that dreadful place, dreadful place!
Got me out of the spiders"
The spiders are up there they cannot reach him
They cannot reach him, they cannot reach him
Everything there
"You haven’t, I’m tied up!
You haven’t, I’m tied up!"
So did the goose help them to spin
And the goose, the goose helped them to spin
"That may be so, but you don’t come in"
Baby saw a little hook by an edge from the crack
And sing the action (singing) "Hey, hey, it’s Jojo’s circus (x2)"
In afternoon, baby and mommy got the hook and took it all away
And baby be very very sad
She want her hook again
Leaning at the wall
Aaaand she be grateful by the edge from the edges in the crack from the back
In the action (singing)
And he in the action
And baby saw a little hook in the bin
And baby saw a golden, a golden, a golden….iPod
(moved away from the recorder so too soft to hear)

(moves back in range)
Baby by the bench
"You don’t grow up, SOOOO big"
She just like mommy and daddy
Even she so tall… she so tall now
Even mommy cannot reach her! She so tall!
And she grow up just like them
And they so small, and she so fat, and she looking, and talking

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Her vocab development is truly amazing. Phrases like "with all my might" and "this dreadful place." I'm also blown away by the quantity each day - those were three HUGE stories in one day!!