I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Friday 15 June 2007

Tigger, Pooh, Action Ride, 2007-06-13

I left the recorder on in the other room, so I didn't see her on this one. I assume she was holding a Pooh book as a prop. What I found funny is the section with sound effects ;)

Tigger, Pooh, Action Ride…
Pooh, didn’t know why Tigger HIT the door
Asked Tigger carefully, “what can I put in there…”
“That is fun”, asked Piglet, and cheerfully
(indecipherable) said Eeyore (more indecipherable), “what is wait?”
And didn’t he wait
And he didn’t know what to do at the Piglet’s house
And Owl talked to him, and cheerfully
“SO, what do you do, with him?”
And Owl stopped by and then stepped back
And Tigger jumped to his feet and meowed
“YUKKK!!! YUKKK!!!!”
And he looked for his (indecipherable)
Walk, sing like that
“Sing at last, I eaten at last (chanting)
I eaten at last (X6) (still chanting)
Sing at last, sing at last. I eaten at last (chanting)
Eaten at last (X4) (still chanting)”
THAT ME! THAT ME! THAT ME!
THAT ME IN THE PICTURE, PICTURE, PICTURE!
(Panting, and knocking/banging on the floor)
THAT ME! THAT ME! THAT ME!
(more panting and knocking/banging on the floor)
THAT ME! THAT ME!
(more panting and knocking/banging on the floor)
THAT ME! THAT ME!
(more panting and knocking/banging on the floor)
THAT ME! THAT ME!
(more panting and knocking/banging on the floor)
That me! Hmph! They all say, THAT ME!
THAAAAT!!!! They say
We go, we go (more knocking/banging on the floor)
Thump, thump, thump…
And Giant came near and everytime
Then when Tigger come up to Piglet house
He really, really, want Piglet and find
Want Piglet and find, want piglet and find
Want piglet and find, deep and wide
Deep and wide, deep and wide (singsong)
There’s a fountain going deep and wide (sings)
Deep and wide, there’s a fountain going deep and wide (sings)
And he sing, everyday
And, and the reaction of the blue thing , of the burnt anything
(I think that’s what she said :-P)
If anybody think collection on the blue thing, or they burnt other things that they found, SO (Indecipherable)
Anything I did
UHMMMM!!!! We haven’t
And they looked at Piglet, and Tigger, themselves
By themselves
And they didn’t know what to do, they didn’t know what to do
And they didn’t know what to do
And they go back to their own place and their own house and their own garden
Where have they been?
And they got lost
(Whispers)
UHH!!!!! POOH!!! WHERE ARE YOU????
Here am I! I am here!
And he didn’t know what to do
He didn’t know what to do
And they all laughed
And Rabbit came
And (indecipherable) Where? Where? Where?
Where?
Tum ti tum, sum si sum, by your edge (chanting)
(Wanders away)

No comments: