I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Friday 28 September 2007

Another Story within the Story, 2007-09-07

The story already started but the recording was way too noisy for me to transcribe before this point. This is another story within the story. I have used two different font colours to distinguish the shell story from the story within the story.

He wanted them to be nice to the other one. “Paak paak, paak paak.”

“All of you too, you shouldn’t do it.” Then the others tapped him and pull apart, then hopped in the barn, then said, “He goed away with the other one leaving behind, a dark orange hill, paak paak.” Then, “Paak paak, paak paak, paak paak.”

There was barking again. There will be bark barking again. And again and again and again, until there will be barking, “Bark bark.”

“Quack quack, quack quack.” Until there will be quack quacking again. Until there will be quack quack and quack quack, “Quack quack! Quack quack, quack quack, quack quack... feed, feed, feed.... quack quack... quack!”

“MEH meh!” The greedy tractor said, “Can you hop into my barn?” “We wouldn’t,” said the sheep, until they were munching each other, until they were being catched.

“I don’t want to eat anybody if they run through with their party, do you want to come with me? Do you want to come with me?” said the little tractor. “No, I don’t want to come with you,” said the horse, smiling. He galloped in the field, eating some, munching some plant’s leaves then on the top of the tree.

“Sorry... do you like this one? Like that one? My Orip, your highness is going in dark, white hill, is going in field for days and days, you saw the moonlight.” He couldn’t stay in growing field, until because it was snowing until he couldn’t feel in some dark copse(?) and got no hill, only some grass and (indecipherable). Some grass and stuff like, some grass was hoarding by the owl. After the house hoarded it, they stopped the wind on it, then they goed and goed until there were some windy cave for the quack quack sound of the birds, of the birds with it.

“My new highness, there will be it... there will be it.” Then they ran off to find the other, other piggies gallop in the field and all, all each of them came and each of them did it. Each of them didn’t want to be cold and dark. (Indecipherable phrase).

“You can gallop with us,” said the little tractor. So the other ones lived happily ever after with the little tractor.

“Thee... it’s almost the end,” said the little tractor, “there will be the end, until adapted by the Wind in the Willow, and adapted by Corin Horse, and adapted by Corin Horse.... and they will be galloped in the fields again. Thanks for coming!”

“Thank you for coming!”

“Bye!”

“Bye!”

“Bye!” (all different voices!)

“It’s The End. Do you like it really much?”

“(Squeaky voice) I like it so much”

“Ssshh! Now I can read... this one, this one, this one and this one and this one and this one and this one.... Ladybird. Adapted by Horin Horsay(?). I like it VERY much, that’s why I’m reading it to you. So... do you want to see what happened next, by the strange bird? Ladybird... do you want to know what happened again?... Adapted by Horin Horsay... Adapted by Horin Horsay.”

“They going to snow after winter,” said the man, the shorter man.

“I think too,” said the little tractor.

“Then let’s go!” So it rain and it freeze with some anklyosaurus(?), until there were whole ground, the whole ground.

“You like it so much? Do you like it?”

“I like it so much,” he said, “because of the piggies.”

“Ya! You like it so much!” said the little tractor, “because why do I like this story so much, because it’s nice, we live here!”

“Yes, because there is green hills... that is why you like it?”

“Yes,” said the piggies, so carefully, leaving one of the packages, pulling out another one and another one and another one, until there were whole ground... until there were bee and byno(?) and peek and peacock and each of anything cows came out of their green hill, “Moo.”

“So much?”

“I like it so much! So I’m reading it. The orange and hills, dealing with the ladybird and the world..”

“Boo!”

“Little bird, please don’t cry.” They scared forever, down from the stars and the sun. It’s D, little day bringing the lovely weather. Yellow. Little bird singing, then see yellow. Orange. Little bird singing near clouds, there orange. (Indecipherable phrase).

“Theeee end. So.... you want to know about the Interstate or something else?” said the cow, normally looking out at the orange hill that led to the bottom. “Do you like this? Do you like to get out in the field, horse?”

Horse said, “I don’t, but only a bit,” said the horse. “Come on,” feeling that she might do stuff like this.

“AWW, don’t talk about that, Ping Porin.”

“Bark bark, bark bark, bark bark, bark bark.”

“It’s cold and cold,” said the little tractor, “where are we?”

“You are at the Interstate,” said one of the ducks.

“Yes, I’m alright,” said the bull. Said the little tractor, “He might shiver.”

“Quack quack, quack quack, quack quack, quack quack... feed.. feed.”

“Open up,” he said, “until there will be no sheep. No sheep but only dog-lamb, until there will be dog-lamb and other masters and one-year and two-years old together. Orin and Tuvoyn(?), are we beginning to die..” he said. “I have only walked away with you. I have also run away with myself.”

“Meh meh meh.” She will shiver. “I want to grab from the (indecipherable),” said (indecipherable).

“I haven’t think about it. Do you like it so much? Do you like it so so much?”

“Is there any biking story?”

“Do you like supper? Anybody? Still for us to eat?”

“We’ll decide later. So... little piggy.... The Little Piggy....So... this story is The Little Piggy.”

“Once upon a time there lived a Wolf with Three Little Piggies.”

“I never knew he arrived!”

“No more... there no more.. they lived happily ever after...”

(Indecipherable mumbling).. this little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none, and this little piggy cried wee wee wee, cried wee wee wee all the way... home.

“Are you trying to run off, away from me?”

“You know that by Wolf and always once upon a time and also nursery times, adapted by Horin Horsay... The three little pigs, adapted by Horin Horsay...”

No comments: