I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Sunday 30 September 2007

Without a Home, 2007-09-08

They shouldn’t. The Nineown Open Plains. There be no vultures. Corin without.
The Nineown Open Plains. (Indecipherable phrase).
The Nineown Open Plains. Shift, Aladar. Illustrations by Aladar.

“Dear old friend, I declare you to come.”

Corin was living in a dark orip pin, that led to the darkest very deep narrow no one dare go there, not go near it because there was monster.

“Dear old friend, I declare you to come to my highness.”

“(High squeaky voice, chanting) Am I nine peek, am I nine peek, nine own peek… the end.”

Chapter One. Without a Home.

Without a home, he was very disappointing in the stuff. He sleep again than to go out and play in the garden. And he was very angry indeed. He said, “Mype? Can you go without it? And my upbeat(?) is this belly button, so you have to go on my belly button please.”

They went, and went in his belly button. Then was worried, will wipe it though, we with bad germs and stuff. They was only with Orin.

Chapter Two. Without a Home.

Corin lunged, they didn’t look quite the hurry. And they were VERY disappointed, and Aladar disappointed and DIP disappointed and ALADAR disappointed. He was very different, in dust were some trees (???).

Chapter Three. Without a Home.

WITHOUT out a hurry, he was living in a little cottage. And the others said, “Up up up. And up and up. Up up up.”

“I shouldn’t do this.”

“Up up up.”

“THERE will be no hurry without my Corin please. I will be with you there.” Only Norin away from pain. He chuckled around, and Norin didn’t look for the orange Orin. But he have to be with it, and only a noise came from the banging and probably will be with it. The sound will us will be with it but Dean(?) own end. He will be without, out it. He will be without it. And let out it was VERY VERY disappointed, his stuff, Corin. “(In an undertone) Corin did eat my Panadol…”

“He very..”

“Sssh!”

“Hmm.. Can we make one, another one to come? Please brachiosaurus. Please, can we make another one to come with us?”

“Nope… err… sorry.”

“But what about try again? Please try again, please. Please try again, please. That’s how is it.”

“(Sings) A B C D E F G, H I J K L M N O P..”

No comments: