I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Thursday 27 September 2007

Corin with Aladar, 2007-09-06

Corin with Aladar!

There Orin of Corip, there Aladar! There Corin of the features(?) of Aladar! Illustrations by Corythosaurus. (To me: Corythosaurus is doing illustrations now! He’s like Aladar.)

“Dear old friend...” Aladar was writing a book for his Aladar’s... Aladar’s Serpent. Then, it’s a good one.

Peek Beak. Peek Beak was so boom, umph. And so he was in, in a going of who was Interstate and other stuff. And so he was Norin and friends. “Sick,” said Orin, “to see her. Maybe I shouldn’t be this type of creature,” he said, wander out, to find his real me. “Maybe I should change to my own name or something,” he said to heself, “maybe.”

He changed and changed to his own name. Then he was looked fun in his own name because Porip Keem. That was just his own name, his full name. Out at his birthday.

Maybe the other Corythosaurus looking out one of his favourite pictures of all of Corin. Corin was then in the Nineown Open Plains, that was his friend. Himself, he was Corish, Corythosaurus.

“Aww..” said Aladar, “I wish.. wish Corin lived in a lone village. Maybe he lived in a lone village or not,” said him to T-Rex.

“I think so, some meat,” said T-Rex

“I think some plants,” said Aladar

“Ahh... sorry.”

“No! That is just not. Don’t talk about that,” said Corythsaurus to heself.

“Maybe I will change your mind.”

“Oh no,” he said.

And then Corin liked one of his own one of all, it was Corip. Corip was his best friend of all he talked to. He talked to yesterday night while when he goed out. He talked to Bip, one of his game he ever played with. Corin live in long, long village. They lived inside, one of his Corip. One of his Corip lived in a long, long Orip that go to there the other side.

“No eight,” said mother.

“Please Corin, can you go to the other state?” said Norin.

“No you can’t,” said Corin. “It’s full energy, and there were sweat and cold there. Until the train left you can’t go there.”

“Aw, sorry, Corin. Is it true the lift(?) is there, so you can’t go there?”

“Oh!” said Corin to the others.

“Can you go to it?”

“Dah! Puh!” said T-Rex, “that is very changes!”

“Chyuh!” said Corin, “I don’t like you say you will go there T-Rex. There might be cheetahs catching you, if you go there T-Rex by yourself. If you go, the others are friendly, so they can fight.”

“Sorry,” said T-Rex.

They all hold hands. Then everybody shouted out, “Quick, hide!” They hided, then a second came on the edge, so nobody came near the changer and it came nearer. Was his comp, it was Aladar’s computer.

Aladar said it’s his computer. “Computer, I want to work on you.” He worked till done on his computer. “See what I have typed on my computer? It’s Pine.” He drawed, his computer drawed it off. He typed and typed. Typed and typed. And typed and typed and typed. Till its rubber didn’t work! It was Orin, his favourite computer of all. Ack, it moved it from his house. He bringed it back to his house, on the table and couldn’t move it anymore. Until the earth began to study, one of his own place of all.

“Ah, sorry. I think I typed the wrong way, page,” he said, and low whistled with the others behind his back. Each of them behind one of their backs. He was Aladar, was leading the a way to the others, couldn’t get out from the line. He said, “You know of T-Rex? Not Corin, not Porish, not Norin couldn’t get out from the line. And T-Rex too, they couldn’t get out from the line,” said Aladar to heself, wander out.

He said, “Hmm, I don’t know why Aladar is not leading off on the way, because there’s no time to lose,” said Jello and Panda, “that why he leading the way, so we can get out!”

No comments: