I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 29 September 2007

More Little Tractor, 2007-09-07

All these stories featuring the little tractor are her own spin on the Ladybird book, The Little Blue Tractor. Unlike her Aladar stories, these are not out of thin air ;)


They didn’t wanted to do it anymore. Only a knight came from the edge, from the box. Then the little tractor was worried and scared, and so cosy. And he snuggled up and said, “Please... I can’t go inside a box again. No. Because I’m just Orin, who was not bad. Can you please come out from your knight suit?”

“My car wants to do anything,” said the little tractor, “can you come with me, cows?”

“No, but I can’t,” said the cows, “because I’m the owner of this place! And I didn‘t want anybody to stop on my door like that. So just keep out,” said the cows. “Moo, without my hurry..”

He kept the hens. Then the hens said, “What do you want?”

“I want my pipe to be filled up with lot of animals.”

“Oh, we can’t.” So they hopped in his little barn and he drove away.

After he wanted the others, the cows want hopped into his barn, then he drove away.

He get the piggies. Then he get the sheep. Then he get the ducks. He was VERY happy with this one, his NEW animals, until the horse… he forgot the horse. He didn’t mind. He get a horse locked in the cage up and he gathered around him. And the horse gathered around him.

“Quack quack, quack quack.” There’s two or more. His mother’s want more. “I want more, you have to hurry to get one of them.” he get one of the sheep, in case it was extra and very large and big. It was like a giant. It was 20 feet tall! He could step on it. He drived and drived until it didn’t came. Didn’t came and “Meh meh meh.” He get one of the other sheeps then. He get a male one. It was a VERY VERY BIG one, then he didn’t came.

“I didn’t know it. (Sad voice) He empty few barn… I shouldn‘t do that.”

“My new highness,” said the man comfortably, and sitting in a chair reading his newspaper. “My peep paper.”

Little tractor said, “I peep with papers. Different. Peeked those new barns. Peek those new barns. I peeked at people that covered the nursery rhyme, my nursery rhymed.” He peeked inside. Someone reading. One of them was reading his nursery rhyme. He peeked inside, then he get inside the very snow winter of the days. He goed inside the house, then the little tractor went off to find his new animals. It was very long to take the, a tractor was holding one of his favourite cars of all. He get his favourite car, then he drived inside, then he goed outside again. It taked too long. “My back!”

“I think one of them will come.” It was piglet. (Shocked exclamation). He stayed for a long time!!!

“Ponk ponk, ponk ponk!” It taked a very long time to go there. It taked a very long time to go there. He goed and goed. And for a second, the little tractor leaved someone behind. It was the sheep. Then the sheep said, “Why he leaving us behind? Hmph!”

He leaved them behind, all the animals behind. Then drive, drove and drove away. And he leaved the barn, the cosy new barn…. the cosy new barn.

The cosy new barn lived in a long long village that led to the other side of the gorge. The grandfather was there. And, “Oh PLEASE!!!!!” shout loud. “Oh.. Porin… it’s DISGUSTING!!!” that was Porin the horse, lived in a long long village. That was his barn.

“Please, oh please, can we go there again?”

“No you shouldn’t. Because this is my house, not your BARN. It’s MY house!” said the little tractor angrily. “Can you hear that? It’s MY house!!”

“My house?…. Boohoo boohoo…”

The COW said… they didn’t say anything. Until the little tractor said something, “My peep… come on Porip, you Orin, yes. Nooo…”

“Oh, ah…” one of them.

SO! The little… the little tractor… The Little Tractor by Ladybird. (To me: Adapted by who? Read this, whose name is this? Me: Toni Goffe)… Toni Goffe.

No comments: