I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Thursday 27 September 2007

Corin the Norin, 2007-09-04

He shouldn’t peek! “(SINGS) DA BA DOO AH ZINE.” He didn’t look.

Pyne behind Corin. Corin behind Corip.

Pyne behind Corip. “You shouldn’t do this anymore. Place behind,” he said to Norip. “I shouldn’t do this,” he said with clearer voice, “I shouldn’t.” (Indecipherable phrase).

Corin didn’t notice he was bad and so dumb. He didn’t notice. “I shouldn’t do this anymore,” he said.

“Maybe... hmm... who wonder?... I shouldn’t do this, he.... (to herself, presumably reading the actual words from the book prop she’s using: this says he... this says he... this says cat... this says he again... he... he... there’s he again...)

Corin the Norin was so terrified to see, he didn’t look, but only Orip looked. He... looked out in the forest, looking for a nine(?).

Peek behind Corin. “Hard?... What is hard? What?”

“Corin Worin the Norin, cart away the Norin, cart away the Norin, tug away the Norin, tug away...”

They did a terrible Aladdin, they did a terrible..kong long (Mandarin for dinosaur)

Corin the Norin was so terrified to see the noises and banging stuff. Only he wanted to do anything else. Only he wanted to do anything else. “Dap behind and Corip beside..” she was reading the letter from Porin Peep Pin. He wanted to look out at the letter but she didn’t give him the letter.

“Ah, alright. Is she then.. ah, alright,” says she. “Ike, I ate it.”

Aladar said, “Pooh! Pooh, Corin! Maybe he wants you to feed me anymore.”

“I wanted someone to do it anymore, not anymore, but only all night.”

“Hmm, maybe... maybe,” said Corin, “maybe..”

“Corin, don’t do that again.”

“That is Orip.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“(Nasal singing) The best feeling done ever,” said Corythosaurus dancing with laughter, “(nasal singign continues) Porin My New Highness, My New Highness,” Corythosaurus was so like to see the singing of his.

“(As though about to cry) Maybe he shouldn’t do anything else in the wood,” he boo-hooed, “maybe, maybe him fear it(?), I’m fear it(?) carnasaur... I’m fear the whole dinosaurs in the whole world, right...”

No comments: