I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Saturday 29 September 2007

The Little Tractor, 2007-09-07

This story is her own twist on Ladybird's The Little Blue Tractor.


Ladybird. The Little Tractor. Written by Aladar P. Waters.

Little Fee Fi Fo Fum was terrified to see the noises. So did Little Tractor. Little Tractor saw a lot of things, afraid of that man. “It will be winter after. Wet until the Interstate. Our baby needs some energy.” He just that scared.

“They will be black toed in a second, winter is a cold cold time.” (I decided to embolden quotable quotes :)

“Are you have hay from Ray? We will just come and feed the legs to one of the old thingymajiggies.”

“Honk honk... it’s another state.” Three (indecipherable) went to the other side. Poor little tractor is there. He went to the other side. They see the cows munch things up, (indecipherable). He said, “Cows, can you go to the Interstate with me? I want to catch you. And catch you and put you in my cosy barn. Do you want me to do that?”

“Nope,” said the cows. “We are just munching there, and it’s so hard. Can’t use any of the Interstate with the telephone tone.”

“What is that? You (indecipherable) CAN!” The little tractor run off.

It was the chicken standing and stopped. He said, “Do you want me to go, in the... join me in the barn?”

“Nope! It’s the time for us to eat something.”

“Nice and cosy in our cosy barn.” He go to the other side and said, “Ducks do you want me to get anything else?”

“No! Paak paak, paak paak, paak paak.”

“Sheep!” He went to the other side. “Sheep, another sheep!” He said, “So many sheep until they begin to yell.”

“(Sings) Help helpy help help, helpy helpy help help, helpy help help, helpy help help. HELPY HELP HELP, HELPY HELP HELP HELP, HELPY HELP HELP HELP,” he said again, until there will be no fire.

Until there will be, “QUACK QUACK, quack quack, quack quack, quack quack... feed... feed... feed.” There will be yelping and singing and other noises type of stuff. Until they will be singing other things and there will be the same singing and there will be the other singing again. Until there will be much more things. Twyne(?) left.

“MEH meh meh...”

“Do you want me to get you in my cosy cold barn? Do you want me to do that?”

“No because I’m too big to fit in your cosy little barn. That will be disgusting, I’m big go in the barn, I will be inside your new barn.”

“AW, sorry!” he went to the other side instead. “Chicken, why do you want me to not do anything else in the whole wide world? You not the orange creatures? Why do want me not to do that?”

“Because we want you to leave us here.” So he went off to find the piggies again, until there’s no one. There’s no one didn’t make the man so happy... hey!

The whole wide world in from the other side of the, the other side of the... the world came, and came nearer to him, until there will be no faction(?) but only some Orip, Corin... of it there will be, “I have to go to the Interstate.”

“Just one of it, just one of it.” One of it goed down to fetch one of the, “Chickens, please.”

He goed down and down and deeper into the forest, and closed his hand all together, hopping on he catched it and he put it in the barn, and he catched another, he catched all of them, then he put all of them in the barn. Until there, and the daughter was happy, then they walked in the field. There was his horse. He galloped and galloped until that the little tractor moved slowly down the path with his new friend. He wanted them to stay in the cosy barn, and each of them want to wait there. It was the horse. And each of them want to get a blanket. So they ploughed(?) and one of them want to break it – the horse again. Until each of them they want to break this, and each of them want to break it.

“So terrible! Fresh from the Interstate. Said that was the Interstate, to the hen’s house,” said the little tractor, the wonder of one who got a secret. Won’t answer the secret. He new open secret adventure with his open new friend.

He wanted them to stay in his cosy new barn, and each of them wanted them to don’t do anything. And each of them wanted to do a serpent(?) with it. And each of them want to do nothing.

“Aww… sorry! You can eat that. You can ate it too, you can ate it too. You can ate it too. You can ate it too. You can ate it too. You can ate it too. You can ate it too.”

The end already!

No comments: