I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Friday 7 September 2007

Inspired by "The Little Blue Tractor", 2007-08-29

This is the second story from 13 she told on the 29th August, of which we managed to record 10. This one is obviously inspired by the story "The Little Blue Tractor", although she wasn't holding the book when telling this story...and has also added her own variations to the original.

In the winter, after they take the ninth

“A new ark!” he said, “no time... we were munching on the pizzas” (munching sound), “where do you find the piggies?”

The piggies said, “What do you want?”

“I want you to get in the barn, please”

And the piggy said, “I, my highness, I DIDN’T KNOW YOU CAME,” said them

They looked (indecipherable) different cow. The cow says, “What do you want?”

“I want you to go in the barn please”

The animals go to big yard, and didn’t look out for the tractor

They not looking out for the tractor

“MOOOO!” they said, “MOO MOO”

They keep looking for out

“Pak paak,” said the chickens, “what do you want with us,” they said, “and there’s two of us”

“Ponk laank, ponk ponk,” horn died out, and on the little tractor

“What do you want want, ponk ponk”

“I want you to get out of my barn please”

“Nope,” said the chickens, “pak paak pak paak”

“Ponk ponk”

“Pak paak.... pak paak”

“Cock a lock...cock-a-cock... cock-a-cock... cock-a-cock... cock-a-cock!”

The little tractor shivered

“QUACK QUACK! QUACK QUACK!! QUACK QUACK! QUACK QUACK!!”

And he said, the little tractor said, “You can’t do it... you can’t do that! We CAN dead!” said the little tractor, “no time... a sheep”

My sheep didn’t... the sheep didn’t answer anything

They said, “your high neck, don’t want it swimming today”

“But today you have to go in my barn,” he said, “it was (indecipherable),” said the little tractor

“MEHHH MEHHH MEHHH,” all the sheep says

“TRACTOR! Run along with me”

“I will take you to my barn”

“Nope, because I’m so big”

“You can trot along with me”

“But I got wheel, I don’t got legs, can’t trot out like you,” the little tractor said

“But you can PRETEND!”

“My dear Mike(?), I have to do it... please can you higher... it’s snowing... I have to go inside the barn and stay near to the (indecipherable phrase)”

“You go back to the outdoor and free the barn and reach each hardened heart

And all the owls, no all the hooting of the owls, got in his horn, yelped like

And the girls tried to roar, and all the men tried to do my house too, so that I can stay, in this house, the orange house

“I DIDN’T KNOW THAT!” he said, “I didn’t know that!” said the little tractor, “I won’t do that every day and night,” he said, “I’ll get the cows... all the ranch(?)in out, lot of munching and all the little hog and pigs and everything else in the world,” he said. “Maybe I’ll get the chickens, too,” he said.

And he didn’t look after the piggies without trot along and trot along and then, “I’ll take you back,” he said, “I will do it! I will get a nineold open hill,” said the, said the horse, “he get a hill, then they trotted along it, then behind it, then over it, then under it, then he followed them

He didn’t follow his barn yesterday, when he went there, turn he was high (?)

“All my (indecipherable) and all my hens bruised his neck, but only free them”, he said

“I didn’t know that, it go to winter out, with the nine eggs out (whispers) already”

“Trotter!”

“No time!”

“Mooo”

“Ick... poock... MEHHH”

(Indecipherable)

Theee end.... THE END!!

No comments: