I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Aladar and his brother, 2007-08-01**

Mommy's note: I was pretty amazed at the themes she tackled in this one!


The MP3 recording of the story is here and will load automatically in Media player - you can listen to her telling this story as you read the transcript...


And he, and he said, “Is this a cool place?”

“Yes!” said parasaurolophus

“No!” said another voice who was coming behind of a weeping willow tree, sticking out by the bench, by the hook, and there was, there was big silence around, and they looked, and they tiptoed...

(Whispers) It was there, and it was passed by them

And tiptoing, around to a open place where the others have been covered

And they looked and there was so many silent (indecipherable)

(Indecipherable) BEST FRIEND! Come always in the dawn time

Styracosaurus...flying through the air was pteranodon...

He was doing out from sight and landed down in the ocean

"There was no (indecipherable) there", said Icthyosaurus

(Indecipherable) icthyosaurus was, was sent him out of the dark

There was in his smile knowing (indecipherable sentence)

"There was inside trouble, I was in trouble!"

And he (indecipherable) his friends, and elasmosaurus

And he was thrown out from sight also

And he cried, “Wake up!” said (indecipherable) because, “IT’S TIME TO WAKE UP! (INDECIPHERABLE) A NOISE!... let’s see who is it”

So he got out to a, a open place where they have (indecipherable)

"Another!!!! DINOSAURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And they, they loved heather

About, of his spike! Of his spike inside... the... “Throw!....Hit!...” said Aladar

“But, I asked him to get his (indecipherable)” (in a small voice), said Icthyosaurus

I had to turn, and McQueen, and he like lightning, passing by them

There was aNOTHER one, aNOTHER DINOSAUR CHALLENGE PACK!!

Two DINOSAURS was sit out from sight, was still out of sight

One.. there.. lived alone... and he left BEFORE

And Aladar, he did find before, who is it?

And it’s an orange dinosaur challenge, lightning

There were, it’s a good one, you want to know who is it?

“I don’t know,” said Aladar

(Whispers) “No!... It’s night time”

Vroom, vroom, VROOM!

He HEARD a NOISE (very aggressively), it was so LOUD and it was BANGING

And BANG, BANG! BANG!! Until they heard it LAST NIGHT!!!

BANG! BANG!! BANG!!!

And it came again, the sound came AGAIN

And he was TERRIFIED! So terrified!

“IN SIDE THERE’S COURAGE!!!” Said the, said the voice

Was speaking out from (indecipherable), it was so angry

And they terrified, so terrified

And METEORITE crashed in EARTH, and they, and they died

Said Iguanodon, “Is this another one?” So terrified of, of THEM ALL. “No T-rex can BOTHER me! I, I got thumb spikes! Can GASH through cheeks.... and I can DASH, DASH there,” said Iguanodon, putting out his paws and fighting the T-Rex away with a loud BANG

At the edge of the pond. And, and he died, and...”Yippee! We're safe now,” said Corythosaurus

“I was not fighting yesterday, in the, in the circle of life in and in MY birthday. When it your birthday you can fight, but I didn’t fight when its on my birthday. On my birthday... are you willing?”

Aladar don’t matter, “I won’t... you are my big brother...”

“Are you mean it? Are you my big brother?” he said....

He died!!!

He looked, and they was finding for mommy, and they heard a loud BANG, at the top of the stair

And there was (indecipherable). And they heard a noise there, and Aladar sleeping (pretends to snore for 16 seconds)

That is how is it, awake, by a loud bang at the top of his HEAD

It was deinosuchus! In the water. Deinosuchus was heard, heard a low LOUD BANG, the top of his head first and down his eyes and there was a SPIKE and looked up and saw it was Aladar, BANGED

The loud (indecipherable) the top of his head and hear a loud bang at the top of his head

And there was little Aladar banging the grass in the knowledge of the him all

“Can you (indecipherable), is this a snake?”

And he doubt what he said, “You my big brother and you, and you, and you are die you body?”

“Your BIG BODY!”

And, and, and, and, and he, and he KICKED a BOARD and loud BANG at the TOP of his HEAD! He was so FAT and, and, and he thought of something ANGRY!

“Nnnn.... I’m NO!” said Corythosaurus “this Aladar, SCARED of you. That’s not nice!”

“I just said that! Already...SO do you want? I was thinking about you”, said Aladar

“Are you JUST not NICE?......Do you understand????”

“KACHOW!!!! Kick! KICK!!! KIIIIIIIIIIICCKKKKKK!!!!” said the dinosaur, giving a crooked smile at the top of his head, thinking about every dinosaurs time

"DO YOU HEAR when Aladar said Are you my big brother? NOPE?”

“Are you my big GIGANT sister? NOPE”

A CAR! And it vroom vroom vroom! Go very fast and go very slow and he say vroom vroom vroom, and he was so red

But, but he, he, but the car smelt compsognathus, along, long, long Aladar’s FOOT!

He STEPPED on him, and died again

And then the sheriff came and said “Nope. Are you doing it?”

No comments: