I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Sunday 12 August 2007

The Last Day, 2007-08-08**

This one is remarkably coherent! Hardly any repeating of words, looks like she's growing up!

LISTEN TO BETHANY TELL THIS STORY HERE while you read the transcript


It’s another one...

“Aladar!” said Corythosaur, “are you behind me? I’m hiding from the carnataur..”

“Alright!” said Corythosaurus, “Aladar run away! And the carnataur comes and bite me!”

“Alright!” said Aladar, “I will just fight with the carnataur!”

Then the carnataur came, then he fight with him, then he whacked him with his tail

Then it died...

“(Shocked noise)” said Corythosaur, “that was so fast???.......why did you do that? ‘Cause I want some, some energy to fight!”

“Alright!” said Aladar, “but I won today!”

“Aladaaar!...Aladar, no way! No!.... Yes, yes!” said Corythosaurus

“No, no!” said Aladar, “everybody shut doooown!”

The others stand still and didn’t know, then... Corythosaurus was eating an apple and didn’t want to swim

“Ready...set, CLAP!!!!...........CLAP! Clap! Clap, clap...” said Aladar, “another clap! Another clap!”

So many claps, till the whole town was shaking with fear

Then there was a loud bang at the top of Corythosaurus head... it’s a bang

Then, another one came! It was tried to... Pachy came down... he said, “Why are you scared from my banging?”

“Because you was banging the wall!”

“Alright! I will bang something else”

Then Pachy came again, and bonked.... bonking the T-rex... who lived here

Then T-rex said, “Ouch! Who’s bonking me?”

“It’s me,” said Pachy

“I just rescued you, from the meteorites!” said Corythosaurus, “because you was banging the meteorites!”

“Alright! I bang something else from the room.... all those meteorites”

Then a huge rock from space get down! Then, died....

“(Shocked sound)... Pachy?” Corythosaurus, “(Shocked sound)” she ran to Pachy! And said, “Are you okay Pachy?”

“Noo!!” said Pachy

He, he, he.... his fossils dead.... then the fossils talked!

“(Shocked noise)....fossils talked!.... I have to run away!” said Corythosaurus, “they got the ghost coming!”

“Mmh! Noooo.... don’t worry!” said Pachy, “I killed! I’m making a fossil... just making a fossil...”

THEN another meteorite came! “GO AWAY!” said Pachy, “I bonk you with my head!!!......(in an undertone) if you come near me...... THE OTHERS ARE SCARED FROM YOU!”

“Alright!” said the meteorite, “we will just go away”

“You, you, you got a new place now!” said Corythosaurus

“YES!” said Aladar, “I get a new place! Everyone camped in my new place! SIT DOOOOOOOWN!!! (chuckles)...... THERE’S SOMEONE!!!!!!!!! SIT DOOOOOOOWN!!! EVERYONE SIT DOWN!!!!”

They sat down around, it awful tight...THEN, a big stone came, “Ssshhh!” (loud stamping)

No comments: