I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Thursday 30 August 2007

Nine and Nineold, 2007-08-28

Her obsession with death themes continues...


I asked her about her use of the phrase "nine old" - I had thought that's what it was, but she said it's not - it's supposed to be a proper noun she's made up, so technically it should be "nineold"(?) - anyway, she says it's a type of dinosaur she's made up, but from the story below (and also others) apparently there are many different things that are "nineold" as well...


Listen to Bethany tell this story HERE


Aladar was not looking outside the outer open window when after he (indecipherable) only he was looking, he keeped looking after the nineold dinosaurs came nearer to them

And T-rex said, “I didn’t know that, I go near nine! It’s so nice, where do you get this place from?” he said

“It from a nineold lonely sea serpent”

Weather was very good, the sea’s not so long bad, but the bad one died because of the good one, and that one they have seen before, this one it died already, the bad one

So they died and things and died of.. behind Corythosaurus

They didn’t take care, but only for a second they didn’t die!

It’s in the water, but it ran away

They had a fight, then all the dinosaurs died

Then the fight came nearer to them, but only a, only a nine cook came nearer

After they have listen to me, don’t do work! We go

There no time but only losing, but they were no leaves

A noise didn’t came near them

There no time to lose, after the nineold open plain of the vultures came near them

There were no time but only working

They were only working but no... dimorphodon

After they get a (indecipherable), there were no dimorphodon or nothing else, but only, only them

They didn’t look out, back in...

There no time to lose in outside, after Aladar’s New Adventure came near them, it’s already 11 o’clock and everybody has to wake up

“I’m behind... I’m behind, we’re not looking out!”

“I see a tree was nine”

“We’re not looking out”

Only he was looking out, Aladar! He said, “I didn’t know that! That’s a really good Tickles!”

Tickle was looking out, but it was not looking at the others

There were no time but only a night... a night full of dinosaurs and full of mommies and full of other things that I.. I didn’t know, after flying around

(Indecipherable) flew in by night and mommies that were (indecipherable) their baby, of her baby

Her baby didn’t go by horseback, her baby did goes in, go by herself

Then they looked out, but not so much

Only dinosaurs lived, and there... there were no humans... saw some with the land, was no time but, when the dinosaurs, humans came

There was no time but only one sticking out, there was no time but something sticking out, the one (indecipherable) Triceratops

There arose after morning, it was daylight and it... it descended after when, after reading it

They really descended, to go there looking, after reading it

After they told Parasaurolophus already!!!

No, Parasaurolophus was not there

No comments: