I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 1 August 2007

The Night of the Noytch, late-July 07**

(I started the recorder only some time after she’d started on this one)
It’s down the right hole, and he said “NO WAY!! I WON’T SEE IT!!
I will hid this stuff along the path... NO! I won’t see it!”
Chapter Seven, The Night.
The noise whined, having covered by the (indecipherable)
Aladar lift a HEAVY BOX that behind a little, a little kid
And the little kid said, “You won’t see it! I’m getting on my brush. And brooms and mops and deep holes and different kind of things”, said the boy
“No, I can’t see it!”
The boy said, “I won’t see it if you get mine.... NOYTCH! I have a noytch, right?”
But Chapter One, the Noytch
The noytch... all happened, he covered the wind, everyday...chapter one
(Sings) “A B C D”
He heard a noise, and the noise sounded when, when he heard it
It was STYRACOSAURUS!!! STYRACOSAURUS WAS SINGING! (chuckles)
And he said “WOYEEENNNNTT”
“A”
“You say ‘A’? Why you saying ‘AAAAAAAA’?”
“For the next time, all you have to do is, get this done! By half past two....That is up! Take this down. I give you half a crown”, said Aladar
“You have a noytch.... I will fix it for you, because I’m a doctor”
“No... you never...the end”, said Aladar, “the end story”
“What?? And what is that from?” And from get worried, by the bench, and a little hook...
“I got some magic beans, out there... noytch....no, this is not a noytch, it’s a carriage! You hidden behind the... goyinout”
“What??? What is a goyinout?”
“Goyinout is this circle... twynt, goyinite, night, twynt..at toysheritoys, night and night”, said corythosaurus, “I’m not ready yet!”
“Are you late there, Aladar?”
It’s Styracosaurus, Chapter Two
Them landed on the sea...
He landed on the seas very much, so much, until he find it, a way to GET OUT from that place
And he said, “I will get these done... by half past two.... I catch it.... catch..... catch.....did corythosaurus show up? Take it down also.... I will give him half a crown!” said Aladar, “because I’m a professor!”
“No, I never...”, said corythosaurus
“I want my shoe back!” said (can’t make out this dino name)
Said Aladar, “Please give it back to me!... I miss wearing it...”
“No, it’s mine! Do you understand? No way!!! And take it up, and TAKE IT DOWN!!!!”
“NO! I can’t.....it’s mine....” (whiny voice)
“Alright, you can have it.....you can have it” (tired voice)
“No, I didn’t have a gown....and it have....you can’t buy it....its, its, its... its spicy!! So you can’t buy it...”
(Sings loudly) “YOU DIDN’T HAVE A GOWNNNNNN!!!!!”
“Nooooo, you can’t see it!”
Theee end.
“No you can’t see it!” said Rhino M...
Rhino M said, “I can’t see it...... I’m so tired.....”
And Aladar said, “Wake up, wake up!!!! Rhino M. IT’S TIME TO WAKE UP, SOMEBODY WAITING FOR US!!” (very energetic)
“No, I’m so sleepy....” (sleepy sounding)
“WAKE UP! WAKE UP!....WAKE UP EVERYBODY!”
Chapter Three, the Night of the Noytch
The noytch carriage left hidden, was in the cupboard...
And he said, “Woahhh... who’s waking me up?” (sleepy voice)
And he said, “Next I will go on adventure!...with the little hook...” (wide awake sounding now)
“No, there’s another one! There’s another one coming up!! There’s another adventure coming up”
“The end”, said corythosaurus
“YOU...CAN’T....SEE IT! Are you reading toys with me?” said corythosaurus
“Theee end! Read another story”, said corythosaurus
“No another one, I won’t read another word if you pick up these cheerios”, said Rhino M
“No”
“So I won’t read it to you! Let’s do some work...”
And Rhino M read it and do some work
Said “I won’t see it... that corythosaurus studies these books...I’ll read another story tonight, but he’s not doing it...”
“Not doing it, I will just look...” said Rhino M
“No! I won’t see it!” and corythosaurus said, “I’m so sad... I want Rhino M to bring to me some more books... I don’t study that books...I’m so sad...” (sad voice)
“No, don’t worry”, said Aladar (brightly) “this fix it for you!”
“I am so sad... don’t want anybody to fix it along...” (sad voice)
Chapter Four, the Night of the Carriage
He lived in a carriage by the BENCH that he hidden along the trail
To a open place....THEEEEE END
Baby have been covered (indecipherable)
“No, no, no!..... No no no no no no! NO!! NO!!!”
“No, yippeee! (sings) Yippee ya ya yippee yippee yaaa”
“No, you can’t see it, don’t sing thaaaat”
“WHY?....Why?....why....”
He singed it everyday, (sings) “YIPPEE YA YA YIPPEE YIPPEEE YA!”
(Still singing) “YIPPEE YA YA YIPPEE YIPPEEE YA! YIPPEE YA YA YIPPEE YIPPEEE YA!” said Aladar
“No...yippee yaaa...yippeee yaaa... yippeee yaaa said bee” (singing)
“No, i can’t do it!.... You can’t do that!!!”
“Why?????”
Contents. The Noytch and the Carriage
He was singing that all along, so long...
Chapter Five. The Night of the Carriage
The night of the carriage
He was thinking about the carriage, and M said “I will do this work”
“So much done... I’m reading it....so much done! The corythosaurus don’t need me... let’s do some work. I will find some story to read him... but he’s not doing it, so I am doing some work...(sighs).... I know I can’t see it...I will see it....” (fading voice)
“NOPE! NO NO No No no no no...” (staccato, getting softer) “nooo.....” (moans)
“NoooooOOOOOO!”
“Are you getting dressed and getting out? Rhino M?”
“No, I’m not doing that...”
Said Aladar, “No I can do this!”
“No, I can’t! Are you so kind to me???”
The end....theee end!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

The stories are getting so developed from a story structure standpoint (dialogue, etc) that it's starting to look to me like some adult's experimental novel writing! Amazing!