I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 1 August 2007

The Good Dwarf and the Bad Dwarf, mid-July 2007

Chapter 13... there was a dwarf...
This dwarf lived in the palace
A good dwarf living up, in another palace, not this palace
The bad dwarf living in this palace, so he talking to the good dwarf and he lives in this palace
The grand palace, the other palace
The dinosaurs are in there, there are three of them!
So they talking to the dwarf in this palace
The good dwarf said, “I want some dinosaurs, please. Give me some of the dinosaurs, please”
So, they looked, and they gave him some other dinosaurs
“Here, these are the dinosaurs. This is the dinosaur, you have been to before”
“I don’t want this dinosaur. Should be another dinosaur. I want another dinosaur”
So they looked, and offered to him, so he looked
Him offer to him, so tired he, until his eyes going to peek out for him
So he looked
So a dwarf, sooo walked the dwarf, one of the dwarfs
One of the dwarfs needed...
They looked again, and they looked
So they offered to him, to her, this kyesh of the preschool

No comments: