I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Maybe Aladar was Dreaming, 2007-08-11

“Aladar’s Adventure. Contents!... I’m going to read this one, I’m going to read this one”

Once upon a time, there lived a owl who speaked, “this is a frying pan!”

And they have no English or no, no Chinese, but he have English (indecipherable)

“That word language, do you know that? Do anybody know that?”

“No! Nobody knows that!”

“But he knows.. everything”

“Some Chinese and English, or something like... she can do it or he can, or you can go down to park, or you can go in that deep hole, or you can go to get a light mouse, or maybe she will so...he can, he can see both those languages. So much, and it, it might kill everything, or he can lose, or maybe peek... Aladar’s New Adventure! You... Aladar’s pond died or..”

“He, no Aladar’s busy, pitching out his (makes a series of silly loud sounds, 4-5 seconds), maybe something goes thump thump thump thump, or maybe Aladar’s New Adventure!”

Maybe think that will know he’s in a FRYING PAN and he said, “I DON’T WANT THE OWL, I DON’T WANT A OWL!!” said he, “I, I want the iPod, I want the iPod, I don’t want to eat rats! I don’t want to eat rats!” Aladar was so tired, maybe he was dream...of, of Aladar’s Adventure!

He was a king, well...Aladar said, “No, I’m not a king! I’m a swish...swish swish dinosaur!”

The End!!!

No comments: