I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 8 August 2007

Aladar and Parasaurolophus, 2007-08-02**

I started recording this one after she’d already started, not sure when...

You really MUST listen to the audio while you read this transcript - her dramatizations are mind blowing on this one! Check out esp. the section I've highlighted in bold in the story.

Here is the link to the MP3 recording (it will load automatically in your Media player)


And was sent out from sight and in action

He says, “Nope, you have to put anybody (then sings) no no no, yeah yeah yeah there”

(Talks again) “I’m laughing at you... HEH! HEH! HEH!!” said another voice

“NO WAY!” said Aladar

“Are you near that? Are you hiding from the bushes? You hiding in the bushes???” said another voice

“NO!”

“YES!” said Aladar

Another one.... another one

There was the voice, keeping on the road and was hiding.... asked, “Why did I laugh?”, then pinched in the skin, Aladar...

Aladar was right and they off and they watched, and he was lost, can’t find his friends anymore

And he said, “Are you my friend?”

Aladar was reading Chapter One, and he stopped and he put a bookmark in there

And Aladar says, “Why are you doing it?”

“No!” He looked. “Ssshhh!”

“Ya ya ya ya ya, ya ya ya ya ya ya!”

They looked

“Ya ya ya yip”

“Yup... ya ya ya ya ya”

“No no no no no no no”

“Are you absolutely...?”

Watching him sing the song (then sings) “Jingle jingle jingle song, now you want that jingle song, now you know the jingle light is coming down”

He looked, and was too terrified, till he asked what jingled along

And he sing the Jingle Song again, and Parasaurolophus didn’t like it until he sing that Jingle Song again, and he and he tucked him to bed and he was SO ANGRY

And he said, “Ohhh, I’m so sad, I want to sing, to Parasaurolophus but he tucked to me to bed, now he is angry....ohhhhh, I’m so sad... have to run away and hide... not buy a brush... I lied, asked you to buy a hinge...”

“What??” said Parasaurolophus, “are you so angry like this?”

...”Yes,” said Aladar, “is this another place you are taking me to?”

“Is it???” said Parasaurolophus

“Do you take me to another place? Is this another place?”

(Scary growl) “HELLLOOO”

(High pitched screechy voice) “HE BRING ME LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Cacophony of scary throaty sound and high pitched screechy voice as though a character is scared out of his wits by a scary monster (I CAN’T BELIEVE SHE PULLED THIS OFF!)

Said Aladar, “Are you a iPod? I thought you was an iPod but you was not, which dinosaur??”

(Very realistic pretend sneeze) “HAHHHH.....TCHOO!” said, said his daddy

And his daddy was (indecipherable) and was ahtchooing some more

“Maybe my dad got a, got a cough.... Here dad!...There...for your cough...”

“Alright! I am, I am feeling well now” said Aladar

“Are you doing it? Alright!”

“I thought I was, I was so many (indecipherable)....help!”

Time... night... torch... “It’s it’s dinner and ignoring my leg like, like, like, like... like, like Aladar”

“The truth...can I stay home?....the night of (indecipherable)” said Aladar

“Is it the (indecipherable) one?”

“Ya!”

“Yes!” said another voice, said who was sticking out from behind the cube, until his eyes growing blacker and blacker... until his eyes glowing in the night...

It was singing out from his sight

And there was, near on his right, he caught it, “(whispers) and wider and wider (normal volume) and wider and WIDER AND WIDER!!”

And he stopped and said, “This another one... here... is this another wise old man?”

It was Aladar and he standing still and it, and Aladar said, “In and stand here”, at all was looking at the man, really was terrified

Voices... and he was, was going out from hide again?

And, and “Well! Well! Who’s just do that.... but we are dinosaurs!!!!.... I think we was humans...”

“No we... we're dinosaurs!!”

At that my Parasaurolophus just tucked me to bed, and he was so angry

It’s Aladar, he’s so terrified and so tall... Camarasaurus is so small...

There is so many times in fact that is it, is it wrong... will just die and it ALWAYS ALRIGHT

“I’m leaving now!”

“No... no... no... no... no... nooo... nooo” (increasingly high squeals)

No comments: