I first started capturing her storytelling using the video mode on our digital camera, around about April, but she soon refused to let me film her. So I tried writing her stories while she told them, using pen and paper. That lasted for only a few stories too, before she caught on. Since then, I've been recording her using a mini MP3 recorder, which is pretty unobtrusive, and transcribing the audio later. She then objected strongly to this as well... Nowadays I use a combo of MP3 and video to record her before transcribing. I only manage to record a fraction of the stories she tells. I always have a backlog of stories on the recorder that still need transcribing, as it's impossible for me to keep up with her. To help new readers, I've marked my favourite stories with a star (*), so at least you have somewhere to start if you don't know where to begin. Don't forget to check the older archives too - there are some gems in there as well!

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Even more Story within the Story, 2007-08-12

Aladar’s New (whispers) Adventure!

He down and he go at the Jurassic Cretaceous Period, at the no one knows what, he lived at the Lone Village (indecipherable) after the witch died... then they help us go there, but the bench died, then Aladar said to Stegosaurus, “Is it not a nice place Tyrannosaurus?”

“Nope”

“Out... out,” said Aladar, “carefully do it,” to Tyrannosaurus

Brachiosaurus came and said, “Maiusaura don’t want you to come too”

“Uh-uh, no...” said Maiasaura, “I got chicken pox, so they not have to help me to get up”

Aladar lived long long ago at the Jurassic Cretaceous period, long long ago, and he lived, the dinosaurs saw... after.... everything lived to (indecipherable), the dinosaurs pulled out, there there

And then he said to Corythosaurus (whispering VERY softly) “You peek there at the dinosaurs, (indecipherable phrase), I’ll wait here, (indecipherable phrase), looking out there till someone (indecipherable phrase)”

They haven’t, eat the pizza.. (??)

“Having now noon, at nine old (indecipherable)”, said Stegosaurus, pulling them back

And Stegosaurus he came too

Said Corythosaurus, “OH! Maybe Stegosaurus can help me”, said Corythosaurus

“He never looked.... us behind, catched me, that night,” Stegosaurus said, to Corythosaurus, “he will catched me tonight, when I looked, see him...Oh! See, are we a there... then we had the last one, after baby’s adventure”

Aladar read a long, long time....

Aladar loved baby’s adventures were not so long, to be heard, peace behind Aladar’s New Adventure... he was reading outside...

He lived long long ago, after the dinosaurs left

The others began to live through time, the dinosaur’s time

He lived long long ago, Aladar know, Jurassic Cretaceous period

After he was a king, the others didn’t...

He lived long long ago, after the Cretaceous period

After the reading, lived his parents, go out in the sunshine

After then, they goed out in sunshine, the others left another small small place where he have hidden his boat

Hold the boat, he haven’t do it before

After the night time, after they were sleeping, he lived twice (indecipherable) then go out

It’s Stegosaurus, after Maiasaura came, they have a moving computer court, then Tyrannosaurus sit down and eat... he eat

After Maiasaura came, she didn’t go near Elasomaur, so far away from the sea...that she go near if she go forward..

AFTER she have eaten some leaves the others began to look outside, they saw eat some leaves

“Chew... good... (indecipherable)”

“Ouch,” said Aladar, “he’s touching me!”
“TWY? Is it?... Do you like Twy?

Twy behind Aladar New Adventure

He lived long long ago, AFTER the dinosaurs lived, after Aladar’s New Adventure

The End!!” said Aladar, “I will not go again (whispers) without (normal voice) the new dinosaurs adventure... I lived happily ever after... The End!!!”

I read all of them!!

No comments: